Despite hot weather, those who came to this year’s Tutors’ Lunch last Monday enjoyed a tasty meal and the company of others. We were entertained by our talented Ukelele and Guitar Strummers and enjoyed singing along to some familiar tunes.
Our new President Lawrie Gaylard gave special thanks to the following retiring tutors:
- Sheila Ewan, retiring after 15 years teaching Calligraphy and previously spending 6 years as Office Manager
- Maggie Kamensky, a life member who tutored the Jazz Appreciation group for 15 years and previously spent 20 years as Catering/Events Manager
- Don Brown who tutored various classes and activities for 22 years
- Diana Hayward for 6 years with the Cycling group, and
- Eddie Dix who tutored Scratch Art for 2 years.
Service Awards were given to Anne Petts for 10 years running Water Exercise, Brian Boadle for 15 Years (5 Italian Classes each week) and Mela Shanahan for 10 Years tutoring Russian Literature.
This was a very successful day, thanks especially to the efforts of outgoing Events Manager Alison and her willing helpers, who all made it a day to remember.
Here are some photos taken on the day.