A huge amount of work by many volunteers has meant that U3A Knox is ready to commence classes in its two major venues on Monday 31 January.
The campus on Park Boulevard has been prepared for the painting and other refurbishment work that is to be done as part of the Fairpark Community Facility development. A massive thank you must go to the volunteers who
- emptied the contents and shelving from the storage shed so that it could be sold, dismantled and removed
- sorted, culled and boxed the library books for temporary storage
- stacked tables and chairs away from walls to enable painting
- cleared the office
- transported required items to Carrington Park LC and Boronia Bellbird Campus
- helped to fill the 8 cubic metre skip with the “rubbish” generated.
The Phone System
There has been a slight delay in implementing the 2022 office phone system. The normal office number will not be answered until Optus has completed the setup. In the meantime you could contact Office Managers Carol or Phil on their personal numbers (published in the news post dated 13 January).
Photocopying at Boronia
The office at the Boronia Bellbird Campus will be manned every Wednesday from 1:00 – 3:00pm for photocopying. Chris can assist you with copying from “hard copy”, or electronic files on a usb key..